Saturday, October 18, 2008

Don't No - The Real World


As a young, impressionable punk in the early 80’s, I thought that where music came from/certain scenes meant everything when buying unknown records. You could almost be certain that any records on DISCHORD/D.C. or EXCLAIM/Boston were gonna be great, even if you weren’t familar with the band. This was the same case with this record when I bought it.

I didn’t know anything about Oxnard, Ca or “nardcore” for that matter, but I knew that some cool bands like DR. KNOW, AGRESSION, RKL AND STALAG 13 came from that scene. Never hearing of DON’T NO and the fact that it was released on MYSTIC records (cheapest, ~love~ sounding records EVER!) I still took a chance. When I got it home and slapped on the record player, what I heard blew me away. To this day this is still one of my favorite american hardcore ep's.

DON’T NO went on to record an LP that was ok and were on several mystic records comps before calling it quits. This ep is classic American hardcore and definitely deserves more recognition. --7inchPunk


Genre: Nardcore/Punk
Year: 1985



Tracklist:

01. B.L.T.C.
02. Innocence of Youth
03. Reflections
04. Underground
05. Members of Society
06. The Rule
07. Habit Force


download

No comments: