Saturday, November 15, 2008

Straight Faced - Pulling Teeth


Straight Faced is one of the best punk/hardcore bands that are playing today. Their live shows are awesome, and this cd has all the elements of the show in it. The first song on this cd, “happy”, is the song that got me started on this band. I heard it on the punk-o-rama 5 compiliation and since then have bought their music. This cd tends to be more metal and less punk than their other cds, but it’s still origonal. I’d recommend this cd to anyone who has enjoyed their last 3 cds, along with other hardcore bands such as shai hulud, nora, throwdown, refused, or agnostic front. Even metal fans who want to listen to faster than metal music will enjoy this one. I’ve seen Straight Faced in concert twice, and they never cease to amaze me. The songs sound better live, and the songs are damn good. This CD shows a more metal side to Straight Faced, unlike their past albums which were more harcore punk. Most of their songs peek a punk style or has it throughout. I love every song on this CD and highly recommend buying it. Disappointed is probably my favorite song on this, alongside all the others. Enjoy this and be hardcore!



Genre: Hardcore
Year: 2008



Tracklist:

01. Happy
02. Impression
03. Kill The Messenger
04. Liar
05. Just Like You
06. Disappointed
07. My Contempt
08. Salvation
09. Fuck Your Scene
10. In Doubt
11. Wrung Up
12. New Day (bonus)




download


pass: bitb

No comments: